Body odor is very irritating and embarrassing. It loosens confidence and negatively impacts your personality no matter how well you have groomed yourself. Excessive sweat and toxins within the body are responsible for body odor. To get rid of body odor, you must clean it from within as well as outside.
How To Get Rid Of Body Odor Naturally
There are two main areas of focus to get rid of body odor. These are-
- Internal Cleaning Of Body
- External Cleaning Of Body
Apart from Internal and External Cleaning of the body, you may also use good quality deodorants to help reduce body odor and sweat. But that is an artificial and temporary way of fighting sweat and body odor.
Internal Cleaning Of body
Internal Cleaning of the body is crucial to say goodbye to body odor. It mainly refers to detox the body and throwing out all the toxins from it naturally.
You can detox the body by following the below-mentioned tricks, which are simple yet effective in detoxifying the body.
Drink Plenty of water –
I have seen most of the people who have excessive sweat problem they avoid drinking water. They say that if they would drink more water, then their body will sweat more. But the fact is if you drink more water, it helps flush out toxins from your body. Water regulates the thermostat of your body and keeps it cool. So never scare of drinking water if you have excessive sweat problem.
Include Fruits & Juices In Your Diet
When you take a bowl of freshly cut watermelon or a glass full of watermelon juice in the morning, it keeps the body temperature cool for the whole day. It detoxes the body and keeps it fresh, and controls excessive sweating. Other fruits that you can include in your morning routine to detox your body are Oranges, Kiwi, Lime, Plum, Apple, and all citrus fruits, etc.
Always eat freshly cut fruits. If you are taking juices, make sure you drink them in their natural form. Avoid adding salt and sugar to them.
Eat Lots Of Veggies
Green vegetables help your gut clean. They detox your body, render necessary nutrition to tissues, and are a rich source of Vitamins and Minerals. So eat lots of vegetables. You can make salads, soups or even saute them with little oil, salt, and black pepper. The fibers present in green veggies will keep your system clean and help you get rid of body odor.
Practice Yoga And Regular Exercise
If we do not exercise, then the toxins get accumulated below our skin. And when the body sweats, these toxins give birth to more bacteria which causes body odor. So regular exercise plays a crucial role while flushing out toxins from the body. After practicing yoga or exercise, follow the healthy routine mentioned above, like drinking lots of water, including fruits, fresh juices, and veggies in your diet. You will find positive results within a month or so.
Some Must-Have Habits To Reduce Body Odor
The correct mode of Water Intake –
Now we know how important is water for our body to flush out toxins. But how and when we need to take it is a must to know. When you wake up in the morning, drink two glasses of warm water without gargling. The saliva present in the mouth will mix with water that will form an alkaline PH, and it will enter the stomach where the PH is acidic. It would soothe your stomach and gut.
Secondly, never drink water immediately after meals. Wait for half an hour, then take water. Because when we eat food, the digestion process triggers, and our digestive system secretes various acidic juices to digest the food.
When we drink water immediately after a meal, the acids in the stomach get cool down. And it slows down the digestion process that causes constipation and other problems which accumulate toxins in the body and ultimately may cause body odor. Drink a glass of water half an hour before a meal. It will ease the digestion process.
Keep Distance From Junk And Canned Food –
We all have heard about it, and even we know very well that junk food and canned food have adverse effects on our health. Junk food has high levels of carbohydrates, sugar, and salt. These give instant energy to the body, but they do not render any nourishment. They result in increased blood pressure and raised sugar levels and cause obesity too. Canned food has preservatives that are not good for health. All these foods are hard to digest and produce toxins in the body, causing body odor. So if you want to get rid of body odor, you must be determined to stay away from junk and canned food.
Foods To Avoid To Reduce Body Odor
Apart from canned and junk foods, you must avoid eating foods with a pungent smell like garlic and onions. You should also avoid foods that are complex and hard to digest, like oily foods, food items made from all-purpose flour. Tea and coffee can also trigger excessive sweating, so avoid drinking them and keep yourself away from sugary foods.
External Cleaning Of Body
Just like an internal cleaning of the system is necessary, External Cleaning of the body is also crucial for an odorless fresh body. When the body sweats, the microbes develop on the body externally, which may cause body odor. To wash off these monsters, keep good personal hygiene. For this, simply bathing will not be sufficient. To wash off microbes, follow the below tricks to wash off odor-causing microbes-
- Add some neem leaves to water and boil it. Let it cool to get lukewarm water and take a bath with it.
- Keep aside some neem boiled water for further use. You can wipe your armpits with this water every after two to three hours.
- Remove hairs from the armpit whenever they grow. Hair tangles the sweat and makes it easy for microbes to grow and cause body odor.
10 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Body Odor & Sweat
Below is the list of some home remedies which will not only render you an odorless body but you will feel fresh for the whole day. So let’s try them out –
- Take a spoonful of Baking Powder. Add One spoon of Lemon juice and the required quantity of water to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on underarms. Leave for 10 mins and wash with cold water.
- Make a mixture of baking powder and talcum powder. Apply the powder mixture on the underarms and sole. After some time, wash it with fresh water. It will help get rid of excessive sweat problems.
- Take a potato, make slices out of it. Rub it on sweat odor-prone areas. It also helps get rid of sweat odor problems.
- Add alum and crushed mint leaves in the bathing tub. It will refresh you and help reducing sweat.
- After bathing, add some honey to little water and apply it to the body like lotion. After some time, bathe with a mug or two of water without rubbing the body.
- Add a spoonful of vinegar or camphor oil to bathing water. It works as a natural antibacterial.
- Boil mint leaves in water, strain it and mix the mint water into the bathing water. It will not only help retain your mood but will also help control body odor.
- Mix two drops of tea tree oil with rose water to get rid of body odor.
- If your hair stinks due to sweat, then washing hair with a mixture of a cup of water, rose water, and lemon juice helps get rid of the smell.
- Leave orange peels in bathing water before one hour of bathing.
So here is the complete guide to bidding adieu to body odor and sweat. Try them, and let me know how it worked for you. Till next post, take care of yourself and have a great time.