This post contains affiliate links. Buying through these links will render a small commission to Neha’s Cup Of Joy at no extra cost to you.
Butter cookies are the ones that remind us of childhood. These simple homemade no egg butter cookies are so tempting that they are the best accompaniment with evening tea or coffee. They make the tea time special. And kids love to munch on them. They are best for welcoming guests, or you can carry them while traveling.
We have a restaurant in our city in C21 mall, where one of the vendors serves butter cookies complimentary with each cup of tea ordered. These complimentary cookies feel the heart full of joy and double the pleasure of sipping tea at the place. That’s why that cafe is one of my favorites, and I prefer to shop from only there, whenever we go to that place.
Inspired by that, I came up with my version of classic eggless butter cookies. And after attempting so many times, I came up with the perfect recipe.
Following the exact recipe, these cookies turned out very well, that no one can judge whether they are homemade or store brought butter cookies. The only crucial part here is to follow the exact measurement.
For correct measurement, I will highly recommend measuring scale. Measuring scale makes my task easy for all types of baking.
I know how excited you are for the recipe of these melt in mouth butter cookies, so without wasting our time, let’s start making Classic Eggless Melt In Mouth Butter cookies –
Total Yield: 12 Pieces
Preparation Time: 10 Minues
Baking Time – 15-20 Minutes
100 gm All-Purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Milk Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Baking Powder
50 gms Butter
50 Gms Powdered Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Butter Or Vanilla Essence
2 Teaspoon Milk
Here we will use two bowls. We will mix dry ingredients in the first bowl, and in the second bowl, we will mix wet ingredients. The size of either of the bowls should be appropriate to accommodate dry and wet ingredients together.
Now let us follow the step by step guide to making the Eggless Butter Cookies:
- In a bowl, sieve together flour, milk powder, and baking powder.
- In the second bowl, whisk together butter and powdered sugar with the help of an electric beater.
- Continue to whisk till the mixture becomes light, white and fluffy. If you do not have an electric beater, you may use the mixer grinder or food processor. Here, I have used a food processor, and pulsating six or seven times, got the desired consistency.
- Add butter or vanilla essence to the butter-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Now add milk and mix well.
- To the dry mixture of previously sieved flour, milk powder, and baking powder, add the butter-sugar, and with the help of hands, mix all the ingredients well, and make the soft dough.
- Make a ball out of the whole dough, and place it between two sheets of butter paper or plastic sheets.
- Roll the dough, and make a 1/4th inch thick sheet.
- With the help of a cookie-cutter, cut the cookies in the desired shape. For making round cookies, you may use any round object of 2-inch circumference.
- Sprinkle some pistachio flakes on top. You may use almond flakes also. Sprinkling dry fruit flakes are optional, and you may skip this step.
- Now spread the cookies on a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Now transfer the cookies tray for baking for 15-20 minutes, till they get a light golden color.
- Take the cookies out of the oven, and rest them on the tray for five minutes.
- Now transfer the cookies to the wire rack, and cool them completely.
- Keep in an air-tight container.
- Serve with tea or coffee, and enjoy your tea time. Or you may munch the classic butter cookies as they are.
Try this no-hustle recipe for Butter cookies, and please let me know how it turned out. Your valuable comments will be awaiting. Till the upcoming amazing recipe, stay home, be healthy and take care of yourself.
You may also like:
Subscribe to our newsletter!