Imagine a mug of Creamy Hot Chocolate, a waft of steam coming over, and its chocolaty smell soothing the nostrils. What a feeling on this chilled evening. On most of the winter days or evenings, I treat myself to hot chocolate and follow my simple, tasty and quick hot chocolate recipe, that I am going to share with you. I love enjoying hot chocolate while reading my favorite book on a cozy hammock. You can say that my cozy corner is my hammock, where I spend some time reading, or taking a nap, or sometimes I get lost in my thoughts.
During winters, we love to get wrapped in a quilt, and getting a mug of hot chocolate while watching our favorite show is not a bad idea. So let’s prepare a mug or two of hot chocolate and make our chilly evening warmer and cozier.
This recipe for hot chocolate is easy, quick, and gets ready in minutes. Without further delaying let’s make it:
How To Make Hot Chococlate | Creamy Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe:
Servings: For 2 Person
Time: 5 Minutes For Preparation, 5 Minutes for cooking,
Total Time: 10 Minutes Approx.
For hot chocolate we need the following ingredients:
- 2 Cups Milk
- 3 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 1/4th cup grated dark compound chocolate or chcolate chips.
Method To Make Hot Chocolate
- Take milk in a saucepan, and heat on a medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix cornflour, and water in a separate bowl.
- When the milk starts boiling, keep the flame on low and add sugar. Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Now keep the flame on low and add cocoa powder and coffee. Give it a good mix to avoid lumps.
- When cocoa powder and coffee mixes completely in milk, add cornflour mixed with water.
- Stir well, and after a minute, add grated chocolate. Mix till chcoclate dissolves. switch off the flame.
- Sprinkle with cococa powder on the top, or with grated chococlate.
- Creamy Hot chocolate is ready to serve.
- Cocoa may get settled at the bottom. So stir well before serving.
- After adding chocolate, keep the flame on low, to avoid burning of chocolate.
- If you do not wish to add coffee to your hot chocolate, you can avoid adding it.
Topping Options For Hot Chococlate:
You can top your Hot Chocolate with:
- Chocolate syrup
- Cocoa Powder
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate chips
What to Serve with Hot Chococlate
You can serve cookies of your choice with hot chocolate. But I love to take homemade eggless butter cookies with my hot cocoa. It tastes heavenly.
I hope you like the creamy hot chocolate recipe. Try it and let me know how you liked it.